How do I know which package is best for me?
We advise firstly completing our dosha questionnaire so that you have a clear understanding of what your dominate dosha is at this stage in your life right now. Having established your dominate dosha all you need to do is decided how many days you would like your package to consist of.
A 3 day package is an excellent program for any regular detoxer; the 5 day package is recommended as a suitable annual detoxing program; the 7 day package will yield the greatest detoxing results and has been shown to create the most long-lasting and healing results for our clients. All packages will leave you feeling completely rejuvenated, calm and relaxed.
If you are older than 40 and have never given your body a serious detoxing program, then we recommend you consider gifting yourself one of our comprehensive detox packages (5 or 7 days) which can be spread comfortably over the time you have while in Chiang Mai. You can expect noticeably positive changes in your physical, mental and emotional health after such a program.
Why do I need to detoxify?
With the increase in the number of chemicals introduced in the last sixty years, there has been a dramatic increase in incidences of auto-immune disease, allergies, common infections and cancers. There is no coincidence in this increase.
Our detox programs strengthen the organs involved in detoxing and releasing stored toxins, expelling them through the organs of elimination: the skin, intestines, liver, lungs, kidneys and lymphatic system.
There are tens of thousands of chemicals in use today and more than a fourth of these are known to be toxic and nothing is known about their interactive effects. Body fat has been tested that contains residue of hundreds of chemicals. Metals such as mercury, aluminum, lead and cadmium are everywhere and virtually impossible to avoid. Chemicals can act as toxins that can block receptor sites on cells, cause changes in calcium homeostasis, selectively kill cells and alter expression of gene products. Metals and chemical toxins weaken the immune system and cause increased vulnerability to virus, bacterial fungal and parasitic infections.
In their attempt to detoxify these substances our bowel, kidneys and liver are being overloaded by these harmful toxins. Our eliminative channels have become blocked or dysfunctional because, in conjunction with these synthetic chemicals, the western diet is extremely acid forming and de-vitalized.
Detoxification is recommended for individuals who:
I take vitamins each day, why do I need to detox?
The reason medical professionals often find 'vitamin deficiencies' in their patients is not because the individual isn't consuming enough vitamins, but rather, because the vitamins are not being absorbed by the body. The main area where such absorption takes place is the colon, and experts agree that most people have constipated and clogged colons. So a key part of maximising the benefits of taking vitamins and eating healthy food is to ensure that your colon is clean enough to absorb what passes through it.
Our colons are designed to absorb vitamins once they are broken down sufficiently by the digestive system, yet most people’s colons are coated with a thick slimy crust that prevents such essential vitamins from ever being absorbed. You could quite easily be spending a lot of money of excellent quality products, but be absorbing very little of what you’ve paid for.
Benefits of Detoxing
- Have symptoms of toxicity
- Have chronic digestive problems
- Have impaired liver function due to lifestyle (alcohol, toxic exposure, poor eating habits, high stress, chemical exposure in the workplace)
- Have impaired liver function due to chronic illness (hepatitis, jaundice, fatty liver)
- Are on medications affecting the liver
- Are on hormone replacement therapy
- Have PMS and moodiness
- Have chronic headaches
- Have chronic skin conditions
- Have gallbladder pathology
- Have chronic poor lifestyle habits
Common symptoms alleviated by detoxification may include:
- Stiff, aching joints and muscles
- Susceptibility to infections
- Respiratory difficulties
- Digestive problems
- Low energy and fatigue
- Restlessness and irritability
- Mental fogginess
- Inability to concentrate
- Depression and moodiness
- Poor quality sleep and insomnia
Benefits of detoxification
These are some of the possible results you can expect to experience:
- A feeling of revitalisation
- Increased energy, vitality and stamina
- Increased immunity and resistance to infections and illness
- Reduced allergy symptoms
- Increased metabolism and metabolic balancing for weight control
- Weight loss
- Improved digestive functions such as absorption and elimination
- Balanced water metabolism and reduction in fluid retention and uric acid
- Enhanced liver function and detoxification processes
- Invigorate circulation and balance blood levels of cholesterol and triglycerides
- Strengthen and lubricate joints; reduced joint aches and pains; increased joint mobility
- Reduced risk for many chronic diseases
- Reduced symptoms of chronic toxicity
- Improved sleep patterns and feeling rested and refreshed
- Heightened mental clarity, focus, concentration and memory
- Promotion of stable moods, emotional balance and wellbeing; a greater sense of peace and calm
- A feeling of rejuvenation on all levels